Fischer for beginners - Analysis of Bobby Fischer’s games

I will try to analyze Bobby Fischer’s game- any that I can lay my hands on. It will do it in the style of Irving Chernev’s Logical Chess My work will emulate that classic…

My analysis will not be too detailed because…

First, I do not have the time to analyze Fischer’s games in depth. (Do I have the talent? We will see…)

Second, I will not be using a computer to do the analysis, because I don’t want to.

Third, it is a challenge for me to go through the games, and try to figure out what was happening. Usually when I play through GrandMaster games, I don’t have the patience to analyze the position before seeing the next move. This will force me to see what I missed, way back when.

Fourth, I hope my kids - when they come into existence - and when they take up chess some day, they can have an idea of what kind of things to look for when they are thinking at the chess board.

Lastly, it is my way of training/practicing for when I return to Chess.

Like everything else I write here, this is not to be construed as advice of any sort. It is just another chess player’s take on things. Feel free to write comments or suggestions on the games I pick. I would prefer that computers not be used to find moves and hence comments/suggestions.

I will get the games from Chessgames

I will be picking a game a week. That’s the best I can do I think. In a year, there will be 52 games to go through… and in 10 years, over 500 games! Amazing what time can do! ;-)

0 comments: